Data Mesh Initiative
We need a better data management approach that facilitates collaboration and trust between data teams.
Data Mesh Manager focuses on the needs of data consumers and data owners in a data mesh architecture:
A simple way to discover domain data, collaborate on data contracts, and monitor data product compliance.
Discover your mesh
Data Products are the building blocks of your data platform. Make them first-class citizens.
- Find the data that enable your data use cases. Use the visual data product map as a powerful entry point to navigate through your data mesh. Identify the data products that you can trust by evaluating quality metrics, popularity and compliance rating.
- Data Product Controlling.
- Compare the business value with the costs on a data product level. Make the monthly platform costs transparent to data product owners to identify cost drivers for decentralized cost controlling.
- Integrate your data platform with the Data Mesh Manager API right from your CI/CD pipelines. Keep everything up-to-date automatically without having to enter metadata manually.
Connect your data teams
- Data contracts are a great tool to discuss semantics, quality, requirements, and expectations, even before they are implemented by data products. Also, in a data contract the usage terms and billing policy may be agreed.
- Request access and approve.
- Data Mesh Manager supports the full life-cycle of data access as a self-service. Data consumers can request access to data products under the terms of a data contract and data product owners can approve or reject. Leverage the event-driven API to automate the provisioning and removal of access rights.
- Make sure that your data products comply with data contracts in your CI/CD pipeline, before they are deployed. As a data consumer, use data contracts to validate the upstream data quality. Data Mesh Manager integrates well with the Data Contract CLI tool.
Make governance decisions
Data Mesh Manager facilities federated governance through Global Policies: Define the context and problem statement, describe consequences for viable options and agree on a decision.
- Document decisions.
- Discuss and document options. Be aware of the consequences. Agree on an option. Notify all data product users about new policies.
- Rely on best practices.
- You don't have to reinvent all global policies by yourself. Data Mesh Manager comes with sensible global policy examples, tailored to major data platforms.
- Track policy adoption.
- Policies are preferably fully automated by your data platform, but some policies require changes in the data products or by the teams. Data Mesh Manager allows to track policy adoption on a data platform, data product, and team level.
Choose the plan for your stage in the data mesh journey
Data Mesh Manager is a solution for data product owners, data product consumers, and the federated governance group.
Define the foundations for your data mesh.
Free (and actually useful)Sign up
- 10 data products
- 10 data contracts
- Unlimited global policies
Fully managed SaaS application.
$150 000 per yearSubscribe on Azure Marketplace Subscribe on AWS Marketplace
- Unlimited data products and contracts
- SSO integration
- 24-hour support response time
Everything to fit your custom needs.
- On-premise deployment
- Flat pricing
- SSO integration
- Individual customizing
- Pay by invoice (EU customers)
Also, feel free to book a meeting with us for a personal demo and to discuss your context and requirements.
At INNOQ, we help customers to build software systems that scale well with methods such as Domain-driven Design, autonomous development teams, and self-contained system architectures.
When we started to use domain data to analyze and evaluate feature ideas, it fundamentally changed the way we think about data in software engineering. Data-driven decisions motivated us to build the right things. We combined our existing knowledge in software engineering and data analytics to share our perspective of data mesh on datamesh-architecture.com. We also translated Zhamak Dehghani's amazing Data Mesh book into German.
As consultants, we helped many clients on their data mesh journey. We realized that federated computational governance is the fuzziest, yet the most important principle. To make it more tangible, we collected examples and best practices of guiding values, operating models, and global policies and shared them on datamesh-governance.com. We noticed that existing tools were not fitting well to support data mesh governance, so we decided to build Data Mesh Manager that helps to discover data products, agree on data contracts, and comply with global policies.
Frequently asked questions
Have a different question and can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Reach out by sending us an email and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- Which data platform do you support?
- Data Mesh Manager is focusing on the data mesh governance aspect and is data platform neutral. Through the API, Data Platform Manager can be integrated in all deployment pipelines and platforms, such as AWS Athena, AWS Redshift, GCP BigQuery, Azure Synapse, Snowflake, Databricks, and others.
- We already have a data catalog. Do we need Data Mesh Manager?
- Probably yes. Most data catalogs focus on data assets, contain too many entries such as tables and internal data structures and thus quickly become convoluted. Data Mesh Manager focuses on data products and data contracts instead, and then links to the corresponding entries in your data catalog for more details on data structures.
- We are just starting our data mesh journey. Why should we consider Data Mesh Manager?
- You need to have a goto place where you document and discover your data products and data contracts. The data product inventory of the Data Mesh Manager offers you such a place, and can give you a feeling of joy when you watch your mesh grow. At some point, you need to start to focus on data governance. Your first global policies should cover interoperability, documentation, and security. Data Mesh Manager comes with ready-to-use policies that speeds up your initial governance steps.
- Where are your servers located?
- All servers and data are hosted in the EU with european providers.